- Ticks are a major problem for pets today. Learn more about tick-borne diseases.
- Vaccinate puppies and kittens to avoid life-threatening illnesses.
- Use a leash when outdoors. A fleeing squirrel is hard to resist, and can end in tragedy!
- Keep fishing lures secure and out of reach. These can smell like a tasty treat!
- Get regular checkups for your pet
- Avoid giving table scraps, holiday treats, and bones as these could cause your pet to become ill.
- Always clean up antifreeze leaks and other chemical spills. Even a taste of these can sometimes cause fatal situations.
- Always protect your pet from heat in the summer and provide fresh water.
- Have your veterinarian examine your pregnant pet.
- Follow your vet’s recommendations for heartworm and flea prevention. Store-bought products can be very harmful.
- Be careful when using medications meant for yourself. A dropped tablet is easy game for a curious pet.
- Never use at-home remedies intended for humans unless directed to do so by your pet’s veterinarian.
New! Open Monday & Friday 24 Hours: For Emergencies Only.
Weekdays (Tues - Thurs) 6pm - 8am. • Weekends (Fri - Mon) Open 24 Hours • Holidays: Open 24 Hours